Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A FIRST Birthday Party –BASEBALL Style!

So every girl I know is obsessed with or at least loves the color pink. Not sure if you know this about me or not, but I don’t like pink. I didn’t own anything pink until a few weeks ago when I bought a plain ole T-shirt from Wal-Mart for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. Anyway, thankfully I have a little boy and was able to throw an anti-pink party, in a baseball theme :)

I had such a fun time planning it! I made the invitations a month or so ago, and made thank you notes to match. (Now I just have to print the thank you cards, write, address, and send them. Two weeks. Tops. haha) We had classic baseball game food, hotdogs and hamburgers, Coke and Sprite, (and what’s a party in the South without sweet tea?) baked beans, deviled eggs, chips and of course Craker Jacks! I made Collin a baseball cake and cupcakes (not that a ball is hard to do, just time consuming and I will NEVER use icing in a spray bottle again. It’s too unpredictable!)

We had thirty plus people at the house, both Devin and my families and a few close friends, plus the eight small children. We had ages ranging from 5 months old to our grandparents in their 80s.

Collin LOVES the balloons that are still floating around and is very much enjoying his new toys. He’s so cute exploring what the new things do. Now, the fun part, PICTURES!

Drink Table

100_6140

Favor Cups by the front door

100_6143

Collin’s Birthday Chair with his name pennant I made ;)

CIMG4105

 100_6210 100_6283

My rendition of a baseball

CIMG4102 

The presents and a little chaos

100_6156 100_6248

100_6253

Me and Papa

100_6267

Daddy and Mommy with the Birthday Boy

100_6338 Profile100_6318

Singing with Aunt Lynne

100_6218

Cousins

100_4340

Random Birthday Fun

100_6167 100_6168 100_6264

The hours before the party I did start to stress a little, ok a lot. But once things go underway, I started having a really good time. I am very happy with the way the decorations and food turned out. And I’m so glad that most everyone was able to make it. It make me happy to know that Collin is so loved by all of our friends and family that they were willing to come to a first birthday party that Collin won’t even remember. It is definitely a day that I will remember and cherish for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. I know we continue to say this to each other month after month, but seriously, can NOT believe Collin is now a "toddler"!!!! His birthday pictures are so cute! Look at you making his cake! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete