Monday, April 5, 2010

Collin’s First Easter

First of all, let me start by saying, YES! I know the real meaning of Easter and YES we will be teaching Collin the real meaning of Easter.

CIMG3116

imageI wanted to make Collin and Easter basket but didn’t want to spend a ton of money on it, you know since he doesn’t really know what it is and he will be interested in it for all of five minutes. I was in Target (surprise, surprise, right?) and just happen to find myself in the Easter section in the back. I saw imageall the baskets and little “basket stuffer” and couldn’t help myself. I NEEDED to make a basket for Collin. First I came across the cutest little Tonka basket, but didn’t want to spend $10 on it. So I kept looking. THEN I came across the BEST basket, a baseball! But still wasn’t willing to spend $8 on a basket. I finally found a basket I was willing to purchase for $1.50. I got him to board books from the Dollar Spot, two little write rattles (because he’s into waving his arm to make things make noise), and a pacifier clip (to keep his toys clipped to him so he doesn’t throw them on the floor). My work of art has been sitting on the entertainment center all week long. I waited for Sunday very impatiently. Devin and I had been looking for the perfect Easter outfit for weeks. But couldn’t seem to find anything. Finally, on a whim, one day I ended up at Burlington Coat Factory. JACKPOT! I got the CUTEST outfit for him. He was SUCH A LITTLE MAN! Sunday morning we got him up, dressed, and let him dig into his basket. I KNOW for a fact that I enjoyed it WAY MORE than Collin or Devin. My mom and brother came to church with us and sat with Devin, while I worked the attendance welcome center. After church we had yummy leftovers at my mom’s, came home and had an awesome Sunday Afternoon Nap. All in all, it was a GREAT Collin’s first Easter :)

Mommy and Collin Easter Morning 2010

 CIMG3119

Collin with is Easter basket, I love Love LOVE his suit and tie!

    CIMG3120

Collin digging into his basket

CIMG3126 CIMG3127

and checkin’ out the contents

CIMG3129 CIMG3136

Is he not the CUTEST LITTLE MAN EVER?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I did Peyton's basket and goodies from Target's dollar isle too!! Collin looked very handsome!! :)

    ReplyDelete