Thursday, September 3, 2009

I’m Sorry, Do I Know You?

As I am checking out at Old Navy today the woman wanted me to apply for a credit card to save 20% off my $20 purchase (what a savings right?). But wait there’s more! Not only would I get 20% off my purchase, I would get a tote bag, with a squirrel on it! So as I politely told the woman no(Who had already told me she was having a dyslexia type of day because she spelled Copeland with two P’s) she told me that I would want that tote to lug around all the baby stuff I would soon have. You know, because I’m pregnant and having a baby and all. Anyway, I again politely told her no thank you. She said OK and made a comment about how she thought she remembered asking me before and me saying no. While it is entirely possible that I declined a credit card before, I’m 99.9999999% sure I have never seen this woman before in my life and she has never been the one to offer me a card before. And the last time I was in Old Navy was back in May, before I went to Atlanta! Whatever. I just let it go so I could get out of there. As I swiped my card in the card machine she asked me credit or debit. I told her credit as I reached for my driver’s license. As I did so, she said “I know, I know you, but I just have to see it.” Seriously woman, I’ve never seen you before. I don’t want your credit card, and I am not going to get upset because you asked to see my ID. (Unless you are the woman at the Gate who authorized my gas purchase at the pump for more than $40, and now you are asking to see my ID for $1.81 of coffee and donuts! THEN obnoxiously discuss your daughters pregnancy and the price of cigarettes with the customer who is now in front of me… sorry that was just a side note!) I ask about a million people a day to see there ID, and I’ll fight with them in a second about the fact that I don’t know their name, they don’t know my name (even though I’m wearing a name tag) it’s protocol to protect their identity. Anyway, I think my point was that I didn’t know this woman, and she made it seem like she knew me. Yeah, that was it. Story over.

1 comment:

  1. Well, after all that, what did ya get?!? Something for the most AMAZING shower in the world by chance??? :)

    ReplyDelete