Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ice Cream Truck

A few weeks ago I heard the ice cream truck down the street. So Collin and I went on a walk and got some ice cream together.

This afternoon I put him down for a nap and started doing various things around the house. About an hour later, I heard the truck. It got louder and louder. The next thing I knew, Collin's door was opening and he was running downstairs yelling, "it's the ice cream truck mommy! Mommy! It's the ice cream truck!"

How do you say no to that?? So I scooped him up and we walked to the end of the driveway, where the truck was stopped. He decided he wanted the penguin. So I gave him the $2. We stepped to the window and Collin told the man, "I'd like the penguin please!" Then handed him the money. When he got his ice cream he said, completely unprompted, "Thank you! Merry Christmas!"

Sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment