Saturday, January 21, 2012

FIVE Stars for the Twins

Five months. I’ve We’ve survived five whole months with the twins and a two year old. Some Most days are good, some days not so much. But that is really no different from before we had the twins, it’s just amplified now.

I did something I said I was going to try not to do. I read Collin’s 5 month post and now I feel like there is something “wrong” and I’m a horrible mom. Collin was, apparently, sleeping though the night, eating pureed food, drinking water from a sippy cup, sitting up, and playing with a rubber duck in the bathtub. Hhmmm… Justin and Lana

  • JUST had single grain oatmeal for the first time this week

photo 3

yummy??

photo 3 photo 4

Yes, their bibs say “Star of Mommy’s Blog” I LOVE these bibs and have been anticipating this for a long time :) And yes, unfortunately I know these pictures came out blurry :( But I wanted the pictures the first time they ate, but they weren’t really having it.

photo 2photo 1

They actually did really well. They seemed to enjoy it and managed to get the majority of it in their mouths. By the second or third sitting, they couldn’t get it fast enough. I did buy sweet potatoes and peas this week in hopes of making some more food for them. Guess my goal needs to be to get on that sooner rather than later.

  • They are sleeping pretty good, still up once at night, and it’s still random between 2:00 and 6:00.
  • The thought of a sippy cup with water hadn’t even entered my mind yet.
  • We just put them in the exersaucers for the first time this week too

photo 1 photo 2

photo 4 photo 5

  • Sitting up on their own, seems to still be at least a month off
  • Bath time is, well,unfortunately for them, bath time, not play time
  • They are rolling over like crazy now though. It makes changing them near impossible exciting. Neither seems to mind their tummy at all anymore. Unless they are just way beyond tired and/or hungry, then nothing makes them happy.

I suppose I should get my act together and start feeding my kids more, praying they sleep more, give them a sippy cup, hang out in the bumbos and exersaucers more so they can learn to sit up on their own, and hopefully that will make bath time more enjoyable, rather than a chore we have to do twice.

photo 3

photo 4

Those are some pretty healthy looking kids for only being on Mama’s Milk for five months ;)

In other news, my dad got to come down for a few days and meet the twins for the first time. To say the trip was a success, would be an understatement. Collin for days asked me, “When’s Poppy coming over?” We are already looking forward to the visit in the spring. And a bonus to the trip for him, we were able to have the Baby Dedication while he was here :) Although, I don’t have any pictures because it was at the very beginning of the church service as opposed to the very end, like Collin’s was. At any rate, I was very happy with how it went. All three kids were very well behaved and didn’t cry, fuss, or wiggle at all.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment