Monday, March 8, 2010

4 Months 10 Pounds and 5 Inches Later

102_5190

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 collin on scale 2mo

CIMG2849

My little man is getting so big! I can’t believe he’s 10 pounds and 5 inches bigger than he was when he was born! The last four months have been absolutely amazing! I love Collin more and more every day! I didn’t know that I could love someone so much. He’s my world. Everyday is something new.

 

He rolled over several weeks ago for the CIMG2901first time and hasn’t really stopped since. We stopped swaddling him at night and he sleeps so much better. I actually get a real nights sleep! When I go in to check on him though he is all  over his crib. Sometimes he’s on his tummy, sometimes he’s managed to wedge himself right up against the bumpers. As long as he keeps sleeping for 6-8 hours at a time, he can wiggle and roll all he wants to!

 

CIMG2824He talks all.the.time. He lets me know that he’s unhappy. Generally, when I leave the room or just get out of his line of sight. I LOVE  his giggle. I can’t get enough of it. If he can hold onto it, it will go into his mouth. I have this unsettling feeling that he’s teething and it’s going to happen soon. His gums have white spots and he chomps on my finger pretty hard. That’s not something that I’m looking forward to. At all. 

CIMG2919

 

His newest thing is his obsession with his knees  and feet. Just like in his 4 month scale picture he always grabs onto his knees and feet now. It’s so cute! Unless I’m trying to change him, in which case it’s still cute, but more  annoying.

 

Walk1My sister-in-law let me borrow a few of her baby slings. She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s not getting them back because I LOVE THEM! And so does Collin. It’s so much easier to take him to the grocery store, target, on a  walk or to the Honda dealership. I can actually do my shopping without rushing because Collin’s not happy he’s not moving. When he’s in the sling he close and cuddling with me and is always moving. He loves looking around at all the new stuff he sees. I had to take the Civic to the dealership one day and Collin fell asleep in the sling. So I just sat at one of their tables and played on my iPhone while I waited.

We always had it in our heads that we wanted to wait until Collin as 6 months old before we started him on solid foods. A few weeks ago he got sick and then we went to Orlando and for two weeks straight he didn’t sleep well. At all. Everyone had told me the minutes they started their kids on rice cereal CIMG2840they slept much better. And the doctor said we could start him anytime we  were ready. So we thought we’d give it a shot. He took it pretty well. He’s had plain rice cereal, bananas, sweet potatoes, and peas. And LOVE all of it. I did not, however, love that he didn’t poop for several days and then have the grossest diaper  ever when he finally did go. I don’t know if we’ll keep doing it (not because of the diaper situation!), I want to see if he can sleep though the night without it and hold out another month or so.

CIMG2939Collin still does his tummy time, but in addition to that we’ve been working on getting him to sit up by himself. He's done really well, considering we’ve only been doing it for a week. He get’s so proud of himself when he realizes what he’s doing. And on that note, I’ll leave you with some of the cutest pictures ever. (well, since my last post anyway =) )

 

CIMG2853  

CIMG2846CIMG2904CIMG2763CIMG2757CIMG2945CIMG2933 CIMG2772CIMG2908 CIMG2912CIMG2832CIMG2774CIMG2844 CIMG2913CIMG2795

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! He seems like such a happy little guy! Being a mom is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete