Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SEVEN Months!?

Seven. Seven months I have been the mother of twins. I tell Devin it still baffles me that we have two babies. There are two of them. One. Two. And they are growing up to be such cute little people.

  • These two little stinkers are wearing anything from 6 month to 12 month clothes; mostly 9 months though. Although, I did pull out 12 month clothes, just for giggles one day and thought that some stuff looked small. I’m glad I did, because they are wearing some of the shirts and shorts.
  • They sit up on their own and (mostly) decide when they want to lay down. There is till the occasional unplanned topple over that causes emotional distress
  • image

  • Eating 3 solid meals a day
    • Oatmeal in the morning
    • Fruits for lunch
    • Veggies for dinner
  • They really enjoyed peas the first time around, recently though, it’s hit or miss and they seem to be on the fence about it. For the most part they do really well with all of their foods.
  • Mobility is a huge thing going on in our house now!
  • Justin used to spin in circles then roll there he wanted to go. Now he’s got the army crawl down, and within the next couple weeks will most likely figure out the hand/knee coordination thing. He’s done a lot of jumping and lunging today.
  • I really thought Lana would be the first to take off. She was up rocking on her hands and knees first. But Justin started it first. Poor baby girl, ends up moving herself backwards rather than forward and gets pretty frustrated.
  • Both love playing with toys now. Everything they touch goes straight into their mouths. Including but not limited to:
    • toes – and it doesn’t have to be toes attached to them either
    • computer cords
    • wipes (they both have an obsession with the wipe box and love when they can open it an pull out a wipe for some reason)
    • Fruit snack wrappers Collin didn’t throw away, or anything that makes a crinkly sound

    image

  • No teeth. Yet. I thought Justin had one. But did I feel like an idiot when at his 6 month appointment the doctor said it was just a sty or something that would pop. I would have eventually figured it out, because there was no tooth that came thought, but she was right. It’s gone now. I think… I haven’t noticed it, but there wasn’t that “hey it’s gone” moment either. I suppose, that means it’s gone… Note to self: check Justin’s ‘non tooth thing’ tomorrow. Just because there are not physical teeth busting through those gums, doesn’t meant they aren’t working on them. Lana is a drooling factory just like Collin was his entire first year.
  • When I go out, they sit in the stroller as opposed to the carrier
  • image

    image

    image

  • They LOVE Collin. And he usually loves them. My favorite thing is to see Collin playing with them and making them laugh.
  • SLEEPING THOUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! I mean, going to bed at 8:00 and sleeping until 6:30 or 7:00! One day, I even got 8:00! I couldn’t believe it. I think I checked the monitor no less than 100 times in the hour Collin was up before them.
  • Naps have also gotten better. After breakfast they are ready to go down, usually between 9:00 and 10:00 and sleep anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half. The afternoon nap varies based on what we are doing. I try really hard to get all three kids to go down at 2:00, 3:00 at the latest. Collin always usually sleeps a solid 2 hours, but the twins it’s anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. (Mommy no likey the 30 minute days)
  •  

    Seriously, my world just keeps getting better and better and I couldn’t be happier.

     

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image

     

    image

    No comments:

    Post a Comment