Sunday, November 1, 2009

7lb 4oz Bundle of LOVE!

I’m not even sure where to start! The last week has been anything but dull. My new found job as a mommy is even more amazing than I ever could have imagined.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 2:02 AM 7lb 4 oz, 21 inches

Alright, so here’s the quick, rundown of how things went:

  • Tuesday 2:00 AM – started having contractions about 5 minutes apart
  • 6:00 AM – left for the hospital
  • 10:00 AM – left the hospital for home because things weren’t moving fast enough.
  • Devin worked from home, I spent the day in labor, in bed and walking the hallway
  • 9:30 PM – decided to take a warm bath, told Devin to try and sleep
  • 10:30 PM – got out of the bath, Devin really didn’t get to sleep. We were wondering how much longer we should wait before going back to the hospital because my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart, and getting really painful
  • 10:45 PM – MY WATER BROKE! I told Devin “Um, we need to go NOW!”
  • From that point on the contractions were almost unbearable. We got to the hospital and they gave me an IV with antibiotics (for the Group B Strep) and said I had to have two bags of fluids before I could get an epidural.
  • I lost track of time once we got to the hospital, but I do know that I was in A LOT of pain, and the time, now, seems to have gone by fairly quickly.
  • By the time I had enough fluid to get the epidural, it was too late, somewhere around 1:45 AM Wednesday morning. Collin was on his way, fast. From the time I realized he was coming to the time he actually got here, it was only about 10 minutes, and my doctor hadn’t gotten to the hospital yet. So the nurses and hospital doctor were in the room.
  • Luckily my doctor did get there, just-in-time. Like, less than 5 minutes, in time.
  • 2:02 AM Wednesday Collin was born!

So after 24 hours of labor, natural labor, that I hadn’t planned on, Devin and I have an amazing little boy! Everyone tells you that you forget about all the pain when it’s all over and I never really understood. But the second Collin was placed on my chest, I really and truly did forget about all the pain. I honestly can’t believe that I had a natural childbirth. When I look at his sweet little face, none of it seems to matter.

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe how wonderful it is to have Collin with us! May God richly bless his life and may he find the salvation of Lord at a tender age. Erin, Devin and Collin, I love you all.

    ReplyDelete